Public Office is looking for a Production Designer to join the team. We’re looking for a talented, confident, hard working problem solver that thrives in a collaborative environment. You work well under pressure and are solution-oriented to help support our Creative and Accounts teams execute and expedite award-winning creative projects.
A successful Production Designer must possess a mix of both creative and technical skills. You must be able to work quickly but also remain extremely detail-oriented, calm, and resilient in high-pressure situations. This role is an indispensable and in-demand member of the creative team.
This role assists the design team primarily in producing and rolling out art files after the creative direction and design has taken shape – in the form of print files, packaging mock-ups, advertising, point-of-purchase and digital graphics. You are detail oriented and thrive on pre-flight formatting, collecting, processing, checking and uploading files to support overall branding and advertising client initiatives.
- Strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are a must
- Execution and production of print and digital assets to ensure accurate, on-time delivery within tight deadlines, applying style/brand guides and templates where applicable
- Scheduling and coordinating with art directors, designers and brand planners to deliver multiple requirements for multiple clients depending on daily client needs
- Prepare deliverables for handoff to internal client teams, external vendors or media partners
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for a variety types of printing and finishing
- Image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation when needed
- Create presentations and PDFs for client review
- Prepare accurate physical mock-ups when necessary for reviews and approvals
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications, including all retouching work required.
- Continuous self-learning and keeping up to date with relevant programs
- Resolve and troubleshoot any artwork or technical issues that may arise during production, including IT issues, corrupt files, printing, server etc.
- Passion for Mac Products / Environment a very strong asset
- Video editing and HTML/coding a strong asset
- Catalogue, archive and reference art for future projects
- 7+ years of industry experience, agency experience an asset
- Completely proficient in the latest versions of Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Adobe Acrobat
- Understands colour management in print and digital
- University degree or equivalent College diploma in Design or related field
- Strong production design portfolio
- Passion for branding art & design with an eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
A successful candidate for this position should be:
- A perfectionist that understands the impact details have and will catch errors others have missed
- Highly collaborative, a relationship builder
- Able to thrive in pressure situations
- Curious to understand client needs, industry trends
- Someone who takes pride in their work and takes full ownership of their projects, beginning to end
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable, with the ability to multi-task
- Sense of humour is a must
To apply, please email email@example.com with Production Designer in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Producer’s core focus will be the daily management, resourcing, scheduling and monitoring of all creative projects in the studio + preparing for next steps on production. The team will also lean on the Producer to generate reports on project budgets and various business allocations.
From an administrative perspective, the duties include: project estimates, accounts payable and receivable, monthly reconciliation, meeting preparation, couriers and receiving guests in the studio plus, a support liaison across strategy and design on an ad hoc basis.
- Manage end to end projects including production requirements, installs, photo-shoots and the like and office budgets, accounts payable and receivable
- Assisting with design presentations, image sourcing, stock purchasing, ideation sessions etc.
- Contributing to brainstorm sessions, providing inspiration, conceptual thinking to projects ahead of kick off
- Estimating project work and corresponding with clients
- Researching potential clients and outreach
- Public Office marketing initiatives and development of collateral
- Maintain and improve office organization and function re. Maintenance etc.
- Budget management, working closely with Sr. Producer and Bookkeeper on accounts payable, receiving and reconciliations
- Preparing for and tidying up when hosting clients and events in the space.
- Managing calendars for all studio members (4)
- Face of the office, greeting, couriers, answering phones and directing calls/messages
- Ordering supplies
- A combination of a right brained creative thinker with the logic of the left
- Excels in the Microsoft Office suite + knowledgeable in Quickbooks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proactive, communicative, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Expert multitasker
- Experience working with and alongside creative teams, prioritizing deliverables and management expectations of stakeholders
- Briefing, monitoring, resourcing, budgeting and end to end project production
- Comfortable communicating directly with clients and key stakeholders
- Loves to host and takes pride in good customer service
- Positive attitude, always with a smile on your face, and flexible
- 2-4 years of prior Creative Services and/or Production experience
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Producer in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.